Thursday, March 29, 2007

Peru Day 5 Wednesday

Miguel and a group of us went to the market to find a Piñata for Leon's birthday. The market was a unique experience. A lot of people stare at me since I'm so tall. I felt like I was a giant. We found Leon a Winnie the Pooh piñata and the lady also made a sign for him. We were supposed to go to the church, but it never happened. Often times plans change quickly.


I saw this guy on the street. I guess he takes your picture with Mickey and Minnie for money.

I went on an errand with Miguel. We went to find a fax machine. We needed to fax some info to Cuzco. Miguel and I had a good talk. He asked me what I thought of Lima. I told him I love the people and I have enjoyed it so far. He urged me to come back and think about becoming a leader in their church. I want to do it. Maybe I could do it for a year...

We played with some kids in the park and then I went to help work on the second house. It was another pre-fab house that was for an older couple. They are unable to work and this house is such a blessing for them. We had some extra money come in so this is what we choose to do with it.

They began to change the meals a little. We had pizza for dinner and Coca Cola. We went to the church for Leon's 30th birthday party. We had it all planned out to have Jodi take Leon out after Marc's message. She did her job, but Carlos called up Leon too soon though. We found Leon and the surprise was ruined, but it was still fun. The people and kids went crazy for the candy. It was great.

Marc and I stayed up and talked to Israel and Francisca. Israel called up a friend who spoke English and she translated a little. I told her to tell them that I was thankful for their graciousness. Francisca said she was thankful that I had shown my heart to them. Peruvians are truly amazing.

No comments: